• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon cumin seed
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
• thinly sliced bell pepper
• 3 tomatoes, chopped
• 2 (15 ounces) cans garbanzo beans, drained
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 onion, chopped
1. In a large pot over low heat, warm oil and cumin; heat until cumin turns a darker shade of brown.
2. Add salt, chili powder and lemon and pepper seasoning; mix well.
3. Stir in tomatoes; once the juice begins to thicken add in chickpeas and mix well.
4. Add in lemon juice and mix well; add onions & bell pepper and stir until they become soft.
5. Remove from heat and place into a serving bowl; serve immediately.
Back to: Egypt Recipes