1 cup of shelled pistachio nut
1 cup almond
1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
1 tablespoon whole cumin seed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. First, toast the nuts in a hot oven for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
2. Toast the spice seeds and sesame seeds separately in the same way.
3. Cool and combine with the remaining ingredients in a food processor.
4. Grind the mixture until it resembles small breadcrumbs.
5. The mixture should be very dry and crumbly, not a paste.
6. Be careful as over processing can release the oil from the nuts making the mixture moist, which you don't want.
Back to: Egypt Recipes