• Lamb 450g (1 lb) diced into 1” cubes
• Onion, finely chopped 225g (1/2 lb)
• Garlic, crushed 50g (2 oz)
• Almonds, without skin 50g (2 oz)
• Ground coriander 50g (2 oz)
• Grated lemon rind 1/2 tsp.
• Salt to taste
• Oil sunflower 40ml (11/2 fl oz)
• Garam masala 1 tsp.
• Lemon juice to taste
Lime & lemon slices
Whole almonds with skin
Grind onion, garlic, almonds and ground coriander in a food processor.
Stir in oil, lemon rind and salt.
Dip all the lamb pieces in this mixture and marinade in the fridge for 1 hour.
In a heavy bottom, non-stick pan add lamb along with the marinade.
Start cooking until all the liquid evaporates and oil starts separating; this should take 5 – minutes
Add just enough water to cook the lamb. Cover and simmer until lamb is tender.
Add garam masala and lemon juice. Adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding a little water, if required.
Bring to the boil.
Add a few slices of lemon and immediately cover and remove from heat.
Serve garnished with almonds and slices of lime and lemon.
Serve hot over a bed of Basmati Rice.
Back to: Egypt Recipes